Navigate the changes in your life.
Are you experiencing a life transition that’s leaving you feeling stuck?
- Has a recent change in your life left you reeling, like you’re not sure what to do next?
- Do you feel different from your usual self – like you usually have it all together, but now, you’re feeling tired and unsure?
- Are you starting to question who you are, what your purpose is, what you want to do with your life?
- Do you feel like events or other people are controlling your life, versus you controlling your own life?
Life happens, things change. Marriage, divorce, babies, job changes, moves, health scares. Kids grow up and leave the nest. They find partners and have babies of their own. Your parents grow older and need more from you than ever before. You take most of these changes in stride. You usually have it all together. But right now, you’re dealing with stuff that you haven’t had to deal with before, and it’s throwing you for a loop. You wish you could move past it on your own, but you’re starting to think that maybe you need to talk to somebody. You want some relief.
It’s Okay to Ask for Help
You feel like you don’t have time to talk to somebody. And anyway, you don’t like to ask for help – you’re usually the person who helps people solve problems, not the person who seeks help from others. You’ve spent your lifetime holding it all together. And you still are, in many ways. But you don’t need to do it alone. You need someone to listen to you, problem-solve with you, and help you find your way through this transition time.
You Can Get Unstuck
Talking to a therapist can help you get unstuck. You’re going through a temporary transition, and you need to reset. A therapist doesn’t have an agenda, and won’t tell you what to do. I’ll support you during this time, and together we’ll explore your strengths, rediscover who you are and what your purpose is, and regain control over your life.
Some Concerns You May Have About Therapy
- How can I justify going to therapy when I have so many other responsibilities vying for my time? How can you justify not going to therapy? By addressing your concerns now, you’ll be able to work through them and get back to being yourself sooner.
- I’ve never seen myself as someone who needs a therapist; I’m not sure I’m comfortable talking about my challenges. You’re not a failure if you seek therapy. After all, you go to the dentist and your doctor for regular checkups and to help you resolve medical challenges, right? Therapy is similar: I’m here to help you work through a challenging and temporary time in your life.
- How long will it take? There is no magic number for the number of sessions that would be optimal to help you move through this life transition. We will work together to develop coping skills, identify unhelpful patterns so they’re not getting in your way anymore, and find healthy solutions to the problems that are in your life right now. These changes do not happen overnight, but we will decide together what the optimum duration of therapy is for you.
You Can Feel Like Yourself Again
You can get through this difficult time in your life with guidance and support, and get back to feeling like yourself again. If you would like to schedule a free 15-minute phone consultation, please reach out to me today.
The goal of Thrive Counseling and Wellness is to help you move forward from relationships and beliefs that have not worked for you in the past. Whether you’re moving on from a toxic relationship, you’re battling insecurities or uncertainties that keep you feeling stuck, or you find yourself repeating patterns that don’t serve you well anymore, it’s time to leave those unhelpful people, beliefs, and patterns in your past. Uncover the strengths that have been within you all along and make the choices that are right for you, today and in the future.
Kim Parker, LPC (OH C.1700593)
Supervisor: Carla Seemann, LPCC-S, LICDC-S (E.0002572-SUPV)
Office: 9415 Montgomery Road, Ste G
Montgomery, Ohio 45242
Phone: (513) 505-5815